Organizations search over the internet for a backup solution for Office 365 email. This task is in trend nowadays, due to some common reasons. If users take the Office 365 email backup into local storage, it helps users in various unexpected situations. Manually, the task becomes a bit risky and not easy to execute. For this, users seek a reliable way to accomplish this task. If you also wish for the same, this is the perfect page where you have arrived.
Reasons to keep a backup of Microsoft emails
- To avoid future mishaps like accidental data loss, virus attacks, cyber-attacks, etc.
- Backup in PST format helps users to make data portable into another system easily.
- If an employee leaves the company and the admin wants to retain the data.
- To free up some space, users look for a way to perform Office 365 email backup process.
Earlier mentioned reasons are some common reasons which insist users look for the backup task of Office 365 mailboxes. It could be other reasons for this backup that can be different for each user. As we learned the reasons why it is necessary to take the backup of your important data, now a question would be raised in the user’s mind about what are solutions to perform the Office 365 Email Backup task. Now we will discuss the ways to make a backup of your crucial data.
Microsoft 365 data backup solutions
Users can go manually or professionally to perform this backup task. The manual method users can use without paying any money. First, we will provide you with detailed information on the manual solution to perform this backup task. Let’s start elaborating on the solutions to make the Office 365 email backup process quick.
Backup MS Office 365 mailboxes using the manual method
- Step1: Login to MS Office 365 with your account and password.
- Step2: Open the Admin Center and go to the Security option.
- Step3: Choose the Permission option and then e-Discovery Manager from the list.
- Step4: A new window will open. Click the Edit button. After that, select the e-Discovery administrator option and then tap Save.
- Step5: Now move to the search option and choose the content search option.
- Step6: The content search window will pop up. Pick the New search option.
- Step7: Enter the name and description for the new search and then hit the Next button.
- Step8: Now search the mailboxes you want to export and click Next.
- Step 9: Choose the keywords and apply conditions per your requirements. Then, tap Next.
- Step10: Review the search setting and then select the Submit button. To make changes in the search setting, click Back.
- Step 11: Pick the search you create earlier in the search list and then hit the Action.
- Step12: Click the Export result option and select the Outlook option. Last, tap the Export button.
- Step13: Afterwards, navigate to the Export tab, pick your last export, and then choose the Download results option. At last, copy the Export key.
- Step 14: Open the e-Discovery Tool and paste the copied Export key. After that, browse the location where you want to save the PST file.
- Step 15: Click the Start button, and the Office 365 email backup process will run.
Limitations of the manual procedure
- It takes a lot of time and makes the task complicated.
- Users require technical hands to go with the backup process with the help of the manual method.
- The manual method can lead to the chances of data alteration as well as data loss.
As we mentioned above, the manual method might be challenging for users. So, if you want to eliminate the manual method process, then we suggest users to try out the Shoviv professional software to accomplish this backup task. In the following paragraph, we described the features of this software, so read carefully to understand better.
A quick way to backup the Microsoft 365 data
Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore is the best utility that every user can handle to perform the Office 365 email backup task. It comes with so many various and advanced features, which provide a better working experience to its users. The folder structure and data integrity will not be affected even after taking the backup of the data.
Users can easily understand the whole working process of this software without any difficulty. It provides accurate results in a minimal time. This software is also expert in restoring Office 365 data from various file formats in a trouble-free manner.
Features of the Shoviv professional tool
- Users can easily include an Office 365 mailbox of any size, as this tool doesn’t set any limitations.
- Even users can process Office 365 email backup tasks with large mailboxes without any difficulty.
- It offers so many file formats to take the backup of users’ mailboxes, such as PST, EML, MSG, HTML, etc.
- Users can also use its filter option to include or exclude items of their choice. Even this option also permits users to eliminate unwanted items.
- This tool offers a user-friendly GUI; anyone can proceed with the Office 365 email backup process easily.
- Users also cross-check added items before processing the backup task of the Microsoft 365 emails.
This software has the capability of processing multiple jobs at a time without affecting the speed of the procedure.
For more information about its features and functionality, users can check out its free trial version. Its free trial version is available on the official website of Shoviv, which users can download to check out its features.
Working of the Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore Tool
- Step1: First, install the Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore Tool.exe.
- Step2: Then click on the Connect Office 365 option.
- Step3: Provide the required details to connect with Office 365 and click on the OK button.
- Step4: Now go to the Backup Directory option and click the (+) option to create a new backup directory. Provide the name and path, and then click Ok.
- Step5: Afterwards, click the Backup jobs and then the (+) option to create a backup job.
- Step6: Select the mailboxes that you want to proceed with.
- Step7: Filter items to choose selective items for processing the Office 365 email backup task. Here users can filter items on based on date or folder-wise criteria.
- Step8: Now go to the scheduler tab. Select the Start immediately after creating the job to start the process instantly.
- Select the Run job manually option if you want to run the job manually.
- To schedule the job on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, choose the Schedule job option.
- Step 9: Set the thread count, maximum login, etc. After that, set the split resultant PST file size if needed.
- Step10: Choose the desired file format from the options. Click create job after entering the job name.
- Step 11: The Office 365 email backup process will run in the following wizard.
- Step12: Click on the Save Report tab to keep a record of the entire backup process. At last, click on the Finish button.
In this blog, we learned the manual and professional solution procedure to back up Office 365 data. After discussing both methods, we suggest users to go with the Shoviv third-party tool to process the Office 365 email backup task. This method is easily understandable, and anyone can proceed without any trouble to make a backup of their essential data.